Privacy module 2: Handling Personal and Personal Health Information
Welcome to the eLearning module Privacy Module 2 - Handling Personal and Personal Health Information.
The eLearning module provides an awareness of privacy obligations in relation to the collection and security of personal health information. Please ensure you have completed Privacy Know Your Boundaries prior to attempting this module Privacy - Handling Personal Information and Personal Health Information.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On successful completion of this module you will be able to identify and describe:
- The reasons personal health information is collected.
- How to manage consent/capacity issues.
- The importance of maintaining the security of personal health information and how to do this.
- Other laws relevant to privacy legislation, such as child protection laws.
- Processes to follow when a patient requests access to their records.
- Processes to follow when a patient requests anonymity.
This course is applicable for all NSW Health staff responsible for collecting, accessing, managing or disclosing personal information relating to patients or staff and may qualify for up to 0.3 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.