Use and Disclosure of NSW Health Data for the Purpose of Analytics
Welcome! This module presents essential work practices for the use and disclosure of NSW Health data collections for the purpose of analytics.
These practices help maintain the privacy, integrity and security of data held in NSW Health data collections.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On successful completion of this module you will be able to:
- recognise key provisions of the legal framework and responsibilities that maintain the privacy, integrity and security of NSW Health held data
- identify whether the purpose of your use of data complies with the legal basis for which the information was collected
- determine appropriate action you can take to mitigate common risks of improper use or inadvertent disclosure of health information
- take steps to seek necessary approvals to disclose data
- take appropriate action to maintain the privacy, integrity and security of data through secure data handling methods
This module targets all NSW public health system employees who are required to access, handle, analyse and disclose data for the purpose of data analytics and may qualify for up to 1 hour of Continuous Professional Development.