Healthcare responses to homelessness module 3: Identifying homelessness and those at risk
Welcome to the eLearning module Identifying homelessness and those at risk. This is Video 3 in the 'Healthcare responses to homelessness' learning pathway.
This video addresses key areas:
- What challenges and barriers can people experiencing homelessness, or at risk, face when accessing health services?
- How can you identify a person who may be at risk, or experiencing homelessness?
- What questions can you ask to assess the safety and stability of a person's living arrangements?
This module contains information that may be emotionally confronting for some people. If you find it raises any concerns please speak to your manager or contact the Employee Assistance program, Link2Home on 1800 152 15 or Domestic Violence Line on 1800 65 54 63.
A certificate is issued on completion.
After watching this video you will be able to:
- Address common barriers that people subject to homelessness can experience when trying to access health services.
- Ask appropriate questions to assess the stability of a person’s living arrangements and identify if they are subject to homelessness.
The course is designed for all NSW Health employees and may qualify for up to 0.1 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.