Managing Grievance Early
Welcome to the eLearning module Managing Grievance Early.
The aim of this module is to provide staff with the knowledge and confidence to resolve conflict as early as possible and maintain a productive and harmonious work environment.
Please note this module is a replacing Grievance Management for Managers and Addessing Workplace Concerns - Your Guide to Grievance Resolution.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On completion of the module, you should be able to:
- Apply NSW Health CORE values your work relationships and the resolution of workplace grievances in a calm, respectful way
- Define what constitutes a workplace grievance and confirm the impact on the individual/team and workplace
- Solve workplace grievances promptly in order to maintain effective workplace relationships
- Decide whether to self- resolve or seek support with Level 1 and Level 2 workplace grievances
- Outline the procedures that managers should follow in dealing with a grievance
- Identify issues that lie outside the scope of grievance resolution (Level 3 matters - bullying, harassment, misconduct, performance management and client complaints)
- Explain the importance of confidentiality and record keeping as required in managing grievances.
This course is applicable for all NSW Health Staff and may qualify for up to 0.3 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.