Clinical Handover: Think, Talk and Write ISBAR
Welcome to the eLearning module Clinical Handover: Think, Talk and Write ISBAR.
This module is intended for all health care workers. The module will focus on:
- Inter-professional practice with the needs of patients and carers at the forefront of all decision-making
- Practical and relevant activities.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On successful completion of this module you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of effective collaborative clinical handover in ensuring patient safety
- Identify the key principles of clinical handover
- Demonstrate the skills required to document aspects of patient care utilising the ISBAR tool
- Apply skills required to use the ISBAR tool when communicating within a clinical context.
This course is applicable for all health care workers and may qualify for up to 0.7 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.