Smoking cessation: Brief Intervention at Chairside
Welcome to the eLearning module Smoking Cessation: Brief Intervention at Chairside.
This course is mandatory for oral health service clinicians including: Dental specialist, Dentist, Dental Therapist, Oral Health Therapist, Dental Hygienist, Dental Prosthetist and meets the requirements of PD2009_046 Smoking Cessation Brief Intervention at the Chairside: Role of Public Oral Health/Dental Services. The course supports oral health to assist appropriate clients to quit smoking.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Describe the negative health and oral effects of smoking;
- Discuss with clients of the service the benefits of quitting;
- Provide resource information to patients on quitting;
- Refer service clients to Quitline;
- Document and record smoking cessation information into client notes and information systems.
This course is applicable for Oral Health Service clinicians and may qualify for up to 0.4 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.