Child Wellbeing and Child Protection (Part 3)
Welcome to the eLearning module Child Wellbeing and Child Protection - Part 3.
This module can help you improve your response to presentations of suspected child abuse or neglect in your workplace setting.
This module contains information that may be emotionally confronting for some people. If you find it raises any concerns please speak to your manager or contact Employee Assistance program or Lifeline.
See references for contact details.
A certificate is issued on completion.
After completing this module, learners will be able to:
- Apply methods to have a sensitive or difficult conversation with a family to identify child protection and wellbeing concerns, where safe to do so.
- Sensitively discuss intervention and ongoing support options for the family, child or young person.
- Identify appropriate support and collaborate with health and interagency colleagues to provide coordinated, effective interventions for vulnerable children, young people and families.
This course is designed for all NSW Health staff working directly with children, young people or vulnerable adults in:
- Emergency Department
- Mental Health & Drug and Alcohol
- Antenatal, Maternity, Child and Family Health
- Aboriginal / Youth Health.
This may qualify for up to 0.4 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.