Violence Prevention and Management for Medical Officers
Welcome to the eLearning module Violence Prevention and Management for Medical Officers.
This module outlines information, strategies and responsibilities relating to aggression and violence in the workplace.
This module is part of Medical Officers Mandatory Training Learning Pathway.
A certificate is issued on completion.
At the end of this module, you should be able to:
- Identify factors that contribute to workplace violence.
- Discuss risk management strategies and safety in the workplace.
- Describe how good customer service can reduce workplace violence.
- Distinguish communication strategies to diffuse escalating behaviour.
- Recognise legal and ethical issues that underpin your role in violence prevention and management.
This course is applicable for all Senior Medical Officers, Junior Medical Officers and may qualify for up to 0.5 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.