Introduction to Aggressive Behaviours
Welcome to the eLearning module Introduction to Aggressive Behaviour.
This module is a introduction to Aggressive Behaviour aids staff in identifying the stages of the aggression cycle and behaviours associated with aggression. This module also considers areas which are considered high risk environments and the ethical and legal implications of restraint.
Warning - This module contains information that may be emotionally confronting for some people. If you find it raises any concerns please speak to your manager or contact the Employee Assistance Program.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On completion of the module, you should be able to:
- Define aggression,
- Discuss working in high risk environments,
- identify legal and ethical issues in dealing with aggressive behaviour,
- identify workplace emergency procedures,
- discuss restraint and seclusion principles,
- identify policies and procedures in the prevention and management of aggression
This module is is designed for NSW Health Nursing, Allied Health, Medical Staff, Security staff and may qualify for up to 0.5 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.