Training Support Unit for AMIHS and BSF Program Staff
The Training Support Unit (TSU) provides education and training to staff working in Aboriginal Maternal Infant Health Services (AMIHS), Building Strong Foundations for Aboriginal Children, Families and Communities (BSF) and staff working collaboratively with these programs.
This is supported through activities such as the Jumbunna Webcast Series and the 'Strengthening Foundations' Professional Development Program.
- One Strengthening Foundations workshop
- Four eLearning Modules
- Enables the development of supportive, responsive and professional networks
- Promote the AMIHS and BSF programs and the importance of equitable working relationships between clinical specialists and Aboriginal Health Workers
- Encourages the importance of supervision and reflective practice
- Facilitates and delivers education and support that caters to different learning and communication styles including face-to-face and one-on-one sessions, group workshops, online learning and webcasts.
The TSU is funded specifically to provide education and training for AMIHS and BSF programs. Consideration will be given for additional staff, who are co-located with AMIHS and BSF teams, to attend events conducted on a case by case basis.
TSU CALENDAR OF EVENTS
|Thursday 30 August 2018||Webcast||Online|
|Wednesday 31 October and Thursday 1 November 2018||Forum||Holiday Inn Sydney Airport|
|Tuesday 20 November 2018||Webcast||Online|
|Wednesday 5 and Thursday 6 December 2018||Strengthening Foundations workshop||Holiday Inn Sydney Airport|
|Wednesday 26 February 2019||Webcast||Online|
|Wednesday 10 April 2019||Forum||Virtual - details TBC|
|Wednesday 29 May 2019||Webcast||Online|
|Wednesday 19 and Thursday 20 June 2019||Strengthening Foundations workshop||Holiday Inn Sydney Airport|