Training Support Unit for AMIHS and BSF Program Staff
The Training Support Unit (TSU) provides education and training to staff working in Aboriginal Maternal Infant Health Services (AMIHS), Building Strong Foundations for Aboriginal Children, Families and Communities (BSF) and staff working collaboratively with these programs.
This is supported through activities such as the Jumbunna Webcast Series and the 'Strengthening Foundations' Professional Development Program.
- One Strengthening Foundations workshop
- Four eLearning Modules
- Enables the development of supportive, responsive and professional networks
- Promote the AMIHS and BSF programs and the importance of equitable working relationships between clinical specialists and Aboriginal Health Workers
- Encourages the importance of supervision and reflective practice
- Facilitates and delivers education and support that caters to different learning and communication styles including face-to-face and one-on-one sessions, group workshops, online learning and webcasts.
The TSU is funded specifically to provide education and training for AMIHS and BSF programs. Consideration will be given for additional staff, who are co-located with AMIHS and BSF teams, to attend events conducted on a case by case basis.
TSU CALENDAR OF EVENTS
|Wednesday 17 June 2020||0930 - 1230 AEST||Connections Forum||Online|
|Dates TBC||Strengthening Foundations workshop||Online TBC|
|Dates TBC||AMIHS / BSF Manager's Forum||Online TBC|