Emergency Department - Tachyarrythmia
Welcome to the ED - Tachyarrythmia learning module.
This course outlines the symptoms and management of arrythmia. Case studies and ECGs are presented for you to diagnose and/or prescribe management. A ten question quiz follows the learning module. The quiz is scored and answers are provided when you review the quiz. You can repeat this learning module as many times as you want.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On completion of this module the learner will:
- Know the management priorities in an arrythmia
- Know the features indicating haemodynamic instability
- Revise the differential diagnosis for narrow and broad complex arrythmias
- Know common medications used to treat arrythmias in the Emergency Department
- Identify 'red flags rythyms' with a high risk for sudden clinical deterioration.
This module is aimed at PGY1 - PGY4 Emergency Department Doctors and may qualify for up to 1.5 hr Continuous Professional Development.