Rural and Remote
At HETI, we provide opportunities for people working in rural and remote health settings to access innovative and responsive learning programs.
Working in partnership with Local Health Districts, NSW Ambulance Service and other health related organisations, our programs include:
- Rurally contextualised simulation-based learning through our Rural Simulation Education Program;
- the NSW Rural Generalist Medical Training Program for junior doctors wishing to pursue a career as a General Practitioner (GP) in rural NSW;
- Rural Generalist Nurse Program;
- training support for Aboriginal Maternal Infant Health Service (AMIHS) and Building Strong Foundations (BSF) staff;
- Research Capacity Building Program;
- GP Procedural Training Program for rural GPs wishing to obtain an advanced skill; and
- Interprofessional Seminar Series for rural generalists, nurses, allied health providers and rural-based students;
- Our peak annual Rural Health and Research Congress.
Find a course or program
To find out more about our rural and remote courses and programs please see our comprehensive listing.