Rural and Remote
At HETI, we provide opportunities for people working in rural and remote health settings to access innovative and responsive learning programs.
Working in partnership with Local Health Districts, NSW Ambulance Service and other health related organisations, our programs include:
- Rurally contextualised simulation-based learning through our Rural Simulation Education Program;
- NSW Rural Generalist Medical Training Program for junior doctors wishing to pursue a career as a General Practitioner (GP) with an advanced skill in rural NSW;
- Rural Generalist Nurse Program;
- Training support for Aboriginal Maternal Infant Health Service (AMIHS) and Building Strong Foundations (BSF) staff;
- Rural Research Capacity Building Program;
- NSW Rural GP Procedural Training Program for Fellowed GPs to acquire additional advanced skills to meet the healthcare needs of rural communities;
- Interprofessional Seminar Series for rural generalists, nurses, allied health providers and rural-based students; and
- Our peak annual Rural Health and Research Congress.
Find a course or program
To find out more about our rural and remote courses and programs please see our comprehensive listing.