Radiology pathology – Valvular heart disease
Welcome to Radiology pathology - Valvular heart disease.
This online module designed for Radiology trainees provides an overview of valvular heart disease and related pathology. It focuses on the correlation between clinical features, pathological changes and investigative abnormalities.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On completion of this module you should be able to:
- list major causes of valvular heart disease
- describe the pathogenesis of rheumatic heart disease and of infective endocarditis
- describe the macroscopic and microscopic appearance of cardiac valvular lesions due to rheumatic heart disease and infective endocarditis
- discuss the clinical and laboratory diagnosis of valvular heart disease
- discuss the complications of valvular heart disease.
This module is designed for Radiology trainees and may qualify for up to 0.5 hrs of Continuous Professional Development