Assessment and Feedback for JMO
Welcome to the eLearning module Assessment and Feedback for Junior Medical Officers.
This course is designed for Junior Medical Officers (JMOs) and Term Supervisors. It explains what the assessment process is, and practical tips on how to make the assessment process as effective and helpful as possible.
A certificate is issued on completion.
After completing this course, JMOs will be able to:
- Outline the term assessment process and define the roles of all the parties involved in this process.
- Complete an accurate self-assessment using the Term Assessment Form.
- Explain the process that will occur if you receive an ‘Unsatisfactory’ rating.
After completing this course, Term Supervisors will be able to:
- Explain the assessment process to a JMO.
- Explain the importance of giving feedback to a JMO.
- Identify other professionals that should be consulted when completing a JMO assessment.
- Conduct assessment against Intern Outcome Statements.
- Complete the assessment process for each JMO in a way that is accurate, valid and fair.
- Take appropriate action if a JMO is identified as ‘Unsatisfactory’.
- Use the assessment form as a tool to provide feedback.
This course is designed for Junior Medical Officers and Team Supervisors and may qualify for up to 1.5 hrs of Continuous Professional Development