Emergency Department - Wound Repair
Welcome to the ED - Wound Repair learning module.
This course covers the correct procedures for wound repair in the Emergency Department. Case studies are presented for you to recommend management and treatment in a question and answer format. A ten question quiz follows the learning module. The quiz is scored and answers are provided when you review the quiz. You can repeat this learning module as many times as you want.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On completion of this module the learner will:
- Address patient priorities in wound repair
- Apply the principles of cleaning and anaesthetising
- Revise suture size and time for removal
- Match appropriate wounds and closure technique
- Correctly prescribe antibiotics and tetanus prophylaxis.
This module is aimed at PGY1 - PGY4 Emergency Department Doctors and may qualify for up to 1.5 hr Continuous Professional Development.