Infection Prevention Strategies for Medical Officers
Welcome to the eLearning module Infection Prevention Strategies for Medical Officers.
This module outlines mandated responsibilities covered by Infection Prevention and Control, Aseptic Technique, Sharps Safety and Waste Management.
A certificate is issued on completion.
After completing this module you will be able to:
- Recognise the risk/s for infection for patients and the best practices needed to mitigate these risks.
- Establish and understand the rationale for current infection control practices.
- Distinguish and determine the essential components of aseptic technique .
- Understand the safe use of sharps in a health care setting including sharps disposal.
- Outline the correct management of a sharps injury.
This course is designed for all Senior Medical Officers and Junior Medical Officers and may qualify for up to 0.5 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.