Hearing Members Professional Development module 1 - The legal framework
Welcome to the eLearning module The legal framework.
Complete this module for an introduction to the legislation and key organisations regulating health practitioners and students in NSW. The module consists of an animated video and quick reference guide. You can download the quick reference guides for future reference.
A certificate is issued on completion.
After completing this module, you will recognise that the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (NSW) (the National Law, (NSW)) and regulations made under it:
- Set the parameters for the regulation of registered health practitioners and students in NSW
- Require the protection of the health and safety of the public to be the paramount consideration
- Govern the work of the health professional councils in NSW
- Guide how the councils engage with key regulatory partners and stakeholders
- Together with the Health Care Complaints Act, govern how complaints are managed by the councils and the Health Care Complaints Commission (HCCC)
This module is applicable for all hearing members and council members and may qualify for up to 0.1 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.