Healthcare responses to homelessness module 6: Making referrals for accommodation supports
Welcome to the eLearning module making referrals for accommodation supports.
This video addresses key areas:
- What referrals can you make to provide effective support to a person experiencing homelessness, or at risk?
- What services can Link2Home, Housing NSW and specialist homelessness services in your region provide to assist people experiencing homelessness, or at risk?
- When is the best time to seek referral for a person in order to prevent them exiting into homelessness?
This module contains information that may be emotionally confronting for some people. If you find it raises any concerns please speak to your manager or contact the Employee Assistance program, Link2Home on 1800 152 15 or Domestic Violence Line on 1800 65 54 63.
A certificate is issued on completion.
After watching this video you will be able to:
- Recognise why health workers can play a vital role in the reduction and prevention of homelessness for people seeking care, through identification and early intervention actions.
- Address common barriers that people subject to homelessness can experience when trying to access health services.
- Initiate appropriate action, care planning and referral to help prevent a person entering into homelessness, or exiting care into homelessness.
The course is designed for all NSW Health employees and may qualify for up to 0.1 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.