NSW Health Finance Executive Development Program (FEDP)
The needs of today’s workforce change at a rapid pace. FEDP provides finance leaders and executives with the capabilities to lead in a complex environment, including problem solving, critical thinking, creativity and people management.
FEDP provides a best practice and high-impact development opportunity to cultivate contemporary finance executives. Having grown beyond traditional financial custodianship, innovative finance leaders must develop skills in strategy, collaboration, leadership and operations using industry expertise and global connectivity.
The Program focuses on the changing functions and roles of the future Director of Finance, with an emphasis on partnering skills, leadership skills, people management, informed decision making and patient-centredness.
| Learning outcomes|
- Identify and articulate the demands, capabilities and accountabilities of a Senior Finance Executive, including high-level business acumen; ability to lead and develop the business performance and strategy; and managing an effective team/ business unit/ organisation
- Develop the ability to work strategically across boundaries internal and external to NSW Health, competently operating in the globally complex and adaptive system of finance
- Display the ability to engage with staff, patients, service users, carers and families of all backgrounds, enabling person-centred care within an effective organisational culture
- Develop relationships and partner with a diverse range of executives across NSW Health to work within a whole of health approach, considering NSW government priorities, global and national finance trends and key policy drivers
- Display political and systemic astuteness, awareness and insight, to take appropriate action to reduce risks and make courageous decisions when necessary
- Lead people and the organisation and manage change, to create environments which foster innovation and develop sustainable solutions across the system
- NSW Health Tier 2, Tier 3 and Tier 4 Finance Managers and Senior Finance Executives
- Learning modules are held in Sydney
| Duration and elements|
- 8 months
- 4 learning modules (2-day workshops) - 8 days in total
- Immersion activities
- Work on a strategic challenge
- 360° feedback
- Executive coaching
- 2 work placements
| Application process|
- Nomination by the Chief Executive or Executive Sponsor and completion of an application form