HETI Online Course Code: 103260592 : Online Survey ID: 40002793
Duration: 15 - 20 Minutes : Published: Feb 2016
Owner: HETI : Team: District HETI
Welcome to the eLearning module Asking the Question: Improving the Identification of Aboriginal People.
This module aims to emphasise the importance of improving the identification of Aboriginal people in the health service. It delivers information about how to ask clients about their cultural status, how to deal with different responses, and highlights how asking the question is essential to appropriate service delivery.
A certificate is issued on completion.
Completing this module will help you:
- Understand why it is important to “ask the question” and record Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander client and patient information.
- Understand the links between accurate data collection and improving the health status of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Identify issues to consider when asking clients about their cultural status
- Ask clients about their status more confidently
- Consider strategies to deal with situations where there is not a simple “yes” or “no” response
The course is designed for all NSW Health Staff and may qualify for up to 0.4 hrs of Continuous Professional Development
Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, indigenous, health, data, collection, question, identification, culture, status, communication, clients, patients, clinical, care, assessment, forms, The NSW Public Sector Capability Framework, Personal Attributes, Value Diversity, Relationships, Commit to Customer Service, Results, Deliver Results, People Management, Optimise business outcomes,