HETI Online Course Code: 78572002 : Online Survey ID: 40002793
Duration: 20 Mins : Published: May 2015
Owner: HETI : Team: District HETI
This consists of only one course
Welcome to the eLearning module Acute Pain Management for Adults.
This module uses a case study to demonstrate effective and appropriate pain management.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On completion of this module, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate types of pain and how to relieve/manage acute pain
- Identify different classes of analgesia and their:
- Mode of action
- Duration of action
- Adverse effects
- Describe how multimodal analgesia and non-pharmacological interventions are used to treat patients with acute pain
- Identify patients at significant risk of opioid related complications.
- Consider physical, psychological and sociological aspects when determining patient’s analgesic requirement
This module is designed for clinical nurses, midwives and junior medical officers and may qualify for up to 0.4 hrs of Continuous Professional Development
Acute Pain Management, Pain Assessment, SAGO chart, pain assessment tools, acute pain, nociceptive pain, neuropathetic pain, multi-modal analgesia, non-pharmacological pain management therapies, medical, nursing, midwifery, standard 2, standard 4, standard 6, capabilities, Personal Attributes, Value diversity, Relationships, Communicate effectively, Commit to customer service, Work collaboratively, Results, Think and solve problems, 78572002, districtheti, 2015