The Health Education and Training Institute (HETI) recognises that some applicants seeking a prevocational training position may have extenuating circumstances that can limit their ability to work in one or more of the prevocational training networks in NSW. The circumstances may exist at the time of application or may develop after applications close.
Applicants who believe they have extenuating circumstances that meets the criterion/criteria outlined below, can apply to have their extenuating circumstances assessed during the application process.
A change in personal circumstances application should only be made when an applicant’s circumstances has changed after the close of online applications.
The criteria for consideration of extenuating circumstances and change in personal circumstances are limited to:
- The applicant requires ongoing highly specialised medical treatment and/or
- Separation of the applicant from their dependent/s during prevocational training would have a significant negative impact on the functioning of the applicant and/or their dependents and/or
- The applicant will be going through a significant life event during prevocational training that would have a significant negative impact on the applicant and/or their dependents and/or
- The applicant has a disability with specific access requirements.
How to apply
Applicants will read and understand the extenuating circumstances and change in personal circumstances procedure and all other procedures underpinning medical intern recruitment in NSW before making their application.
Applicants will complete all sections of the extenuating circumstances application form available within the online application system and upload certified copies of supporting evidence.
Applicants will complete all sections of the change in personal circumstances application form and email with all certified supporting documentation to HETI-Internship@health.nsw.gov.au
- Extenuating Circumstances and Change in Personal Circumstances Procedure
- Change in Personal Circumstances Application Form
All offers will be made within the agreed national timeframes. Applicants granted extenuating circumstances or a change in personal circumstances are offered positions according to the relevant allocation procedure and NSW Health Priority List.
Non-guaranteed applicants – priority categories 2 to 6
It is possible that an applicant in one of the lower categories in the NSW Ministry of Health Priority List who is granted extenuating circumstances or granted a change in personal circumstances may not receive a position offer in NSW, and if received may not receive an equivalent or higher preference then would otherwise have been allocated.