Business Case Evaluation
Whole of organisation decision making relies on strategic approaches that support the development and approval of business cases, ensuring a transparent process to prioritise resourcing.
This course builds on Effective Business Case Design by enabling senior managers to develop a clear and robust business case evaluation process.
Participants are provided with an evaluation framework including considerations of sustainability, risk management, stakeholder engagement, change management, governance and value for money.
| Learning outcomes|
- Appraise the business case for alignment to the organisation’s strategic direction and processes
- Assess the business case rationale and purported benefits
- Critically assess the financial, human, physical and reputational risks
- Undertake a cost-benefit analysis of the business case proposal
- Critically assess the financial and economic risk
- Critically assess the evaluation framework and proposed evaluation methodology
- Determine the measures to assess the strategic imperative
- Provide mentoring and feedback to business case authors to engender future best-practice business case submissions
- NSW Health staff who review business cases and proposals
- Workshops are scheduled at the request of NSW Health organisations or participants can enrol in a centralised course
| Duration and elements|
- 5 hour face-to-face workshop