Undergraduate Clinical Placement Grants 2018
Application status: Open
Grants up to $1,000 for clinical placements in a NSW public health facility are available to NSW students undertaking a Bachelor of Nursing or Bachelor of Midwifery degree. Grants to assist with accommodation and travel associated with your clinical placement will be awarded based on the distance between the post office of the suburb/town of your residence and the post office of the suburb/town of the placement.
Applicants are only eligible to apply for one grant per semester, per year. Applicants who are recipients of 2018 Rural Undergraduate scholarships are not eligible to apply for placement grants.
Please note, from 2019:
- Applicants are eligible to apply once per calendar year
- Applicants for clinical placements undertaken during 2019 are open twice per year
- Grants to assist with accommodation and travel associated with your clinical placement will be awarded based on the distance between the GPO of your 'home' University campus and GPO of the clinical placement
- Distance calculations and grant amounts to be confirmed
Funding period 2 applications for clinical placements undertaken in Semester 2 only this year - opening 30 July and closing 16 November.
Applications must be submitted online. Applications received by any other means (eg. post or email) will not be processed.
Applications including all required documents must be received by midnight on the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
All applicants will be notified via email of the outcome of their application approximately four weeks after the relevant closing date.
Am I eligible to apply?
- are you a resident of NSW?
- are you an undergraduate student enrolled in a Bachelor of Nursing or a Bachelor of Midwifery degree? Are you/will you be undertaking a clinical placement in a public health facility in NSW?
- are you an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia?
- if successful, are you willing to participate in an evaluation or telephone survey about the NSW Nursing and Midwifery scholarship fund?
- you are not a current recipient of a nursing and midwifery undergraduate scholarship from the Health Education and Training Institute
If you have answered 'yes' to the above questions you are eligible to apply for this grant.
How to apply
Submit an Online Application
Please note this online application is not supported by mobile devices and laptops. If applying within the NSW Health network you may require your Stafflink ID (User Name) and password to access the application form.
For further information about this scholarship please contact the Senior Program Officer by email at email@example.com or on (02) 9844 6570.
For documents required and FAQs visit Nursing and midwifery scholarships - Undergraduate clinical placement grants 2018