NSW Rural Allied Health Undergraduate Scholarships
Open 23 Jan 2023 to 7 Apr 2023
Rural Allied Health Undergraduate Scholarships are offered to students from a rural background undertaking "entry level" studies in allied health (leading to a degree that qualifies the student to practice). Up to 20 NSW Rural Allied Health Scholarships, valued up to $10,000, are offered each year.
The term “rural” refers to areas covered by rural Local Health Districts:
- Far West
- Western NSW
- Northern NSW
- Mid North Coast
- Southern NSW
- Hunter New England (excluding: Cessnock, Maitland, Port Stephens, Newcastle, and Lake Macquarie LGA)
- Illawarra Shoalhaven (excluding: Kiama, Wollongong and Shellharbour LGA)
- Nepean Blue Mountains (Lithgow LGA only)
What is expected?
- Complete at least one university elective / placement or vacation placement in a rural or remote community for experience of rural practice and lifestyle
- Join a University Rural Health Club and/or association relevant to their future profession.
- Encouraged to enrol in any course that may assist you in understanding the nature of rural practice.
- Encouraged to seek employment in rural or remote NSW after graduation.
If you are in receipt of Youth Allowance or AUSTUDY payment through Centrelink, you are obliged to notify Centrelink of your acceptance of a Scholarship as it may affect your entitlement to payment.
Income Tax advice
Please seek independent advice regarding your personal circumstances where required.
2023 Rural Allied Health Undergraduate - Guidelines Application
For further enquiries about this grant please contact the Scholarship Coordinator:
T: 02 9844 6570