Trauma Informed Care and Practice Scholarship (TIC) - OPEN NOW
Applications for Semester 1 2023: November 7, 2022 – December 2, 2022
Applications for Semester 2 2023: May 15, 2023 – June 23, 2023
The Agency for Clinical Innovation (ACI) is excited to partner with the Health Education and Training Institute (HETI) to offer scholarships to support NSW Health Mental Health Services and clinicians working with vulnerable populations to receive targeted trauma informed care training.
Trauma-informed care is a re-conceptualisation of traditional approaches to health and human service delivery, where all aspects of services are organized around an acknowledgement of the prevalence of trauma throughout society, including the lives of people who access mental health services. ACI are committed to upskilling the Mental Health workforce in trauma informed care to create improved outcomes and care for consumers within our public health networks.
The Trauma and Trauma-Informed Care and Practice unit (8ALF008) enables students to explore and critique the concepts of trauma informed care that support and facilitate optimal wellbeing of people with lived experience and those who support or work for them.
HETI Higher Education offers a number of courses within the Applied Mental Health Studies Framework. In addition to the formal postgraduate Award courses (Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Masters), HETI Higher Education provides the flexibility of studying units as Professional Development. Successful completion of any of the units as Professional Development can count towards a degree should students decide to continue with their studies.
WHAT DOES THE SCHOLARSHIP COVER?
These scholarships have been funded by the Agency for Clinical Innovation, Mental Health Network.
The Trauma Informed Care (TIC) scholarship covers 75% of the unit cost of $885. Students are required to pay the remaining 25% of the unit fee which is $221.25. Current recipients of other scholarships are not eligible for the trauma informed care scholarship.
The scholarship will be administered and delivered by HETI to NSW Health employees working in the following areas and prioritised as follows:
- Mental Health Services
- Clinicians working with vulnerable populations
- Any scholarships remaining will be considered for NSW Health employees working in other settings upon application,
How to apply
For more information, eligibility view the Scholarship Application Guidelines
Download the Personal Statement Template