The HETI Professional Practice & Interprofessional Collaboration Portfolio is pleased to announce that an Allied Health Assistant Scholarship program will run in 2020.
The HETI Allied Health Assistant Scholarship Program provides funding to support the training of Allied Health Assistants (AHAs) and Pharmacy Assistants and Technicians (PATs) seeking to further develop their knowledge and skills. Eligible AHAs and PATs are able to apply for one-off funding to support their enrolment in the Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance or the Certificate IV in Hospital/ Health Services Pharmacy Support, which will enhance their ability to perform their current work role.
Both qualifications will be delivered by TAFE NSW in the online delivery mode with some connected learning involving online sessions with teachers.
The Certificate IV Allied Health Assistance is offered in the following specialisations:
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Occupational Therapy
- Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy – combined
In addition, TAFE Gosford will deliver two single units of competency in the online delivery mode.
The single units offered will be:
- HLTAHA017 Assist with Social Work
- CHCMHS001 Work with people with mental health issues
Applicants are invited to apply for either of the full qualifications, or one or two of the single units.
To be eligible to apply for the program, the applicant must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- The applicant is working as an AHA or following training would work, under the supervision of an allied health professional(s) in one or more of the following allied health areas:
- Occupational therapy
- Speech pathology
- Social Work
- Recreation Therapy
- The applicant is permanently employed by NSW Health. Applicants who are not permanent NSW Health staff but who have worked as temporary or casual staff inside the LHD/SHN for more than 12 months, may apply if endorsed by their line manager. HETI will consider these applications at their discretion.
- The applicant is seeking to enrol in a full qualification from either the Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance or the Certificate IV in Hospital/Health Services Pharmacy Support or single units delivered by TAFE Gosford.
- The applicant is supported by their line manager.
- The Allied Health Director or Director of Pharmacy of the LHD/SHN has been made aware of the nomination.
Completed applications must be submitted by COB Friday 21 August 2020 to HETI Allied Health at the following address:
This should include:
- A completed application form including all requested supplementary information:
- Contact details
- Statements addressing the selection criteria
- Line Manager Endorsement including a statement that the Director of Allied Health or Director of Pharmacy has been made aware of the application
- Applicant declaration.
Line Managers are asked to indicate on the application form their endorsement of the applicant’s intention to undertake their course of study and to make Directors of Allied Health and Directors of Pharmacy aware of all applications within their LHD/SHNs.
There is no limit to the number of applications which can be lodged by LHDs/SHNs provided the criteria are addressed for each application. Applications will be assessed by a review committee, and funding will be awarded based on the merit of the application.
P: 0437 471 886