2018 Allied Health Assistant Scholarship Program
Application status: Open
Open from: 13 August 2018 to 24 September 2018
The HETI Professional Practice & Interprofessional Collaboration Portfolio is pleased to announce that an Allied Health Assistant Scholarship program will run in 2018. The Allied Health Assistant Scholarship Program provides funding to the LHDs and SHNs to support the training of allied health assistants seeking to further develop their knowledge and skills through completion of either the Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance or the Certificate IV in Hospital/Health Services Pharmacy Support. Eligible AHAs are able to apply for one-off funding of up to $3000 for payments for enrolment in Certificate IV AHA and Pharmacy assistant courses, skill sets or units of competency, which will enhance their ability to perform their current role. It is expected that these payments will be provided to support the balance of enrolment fees payable, once any other training funding has been explored.
To be eligible to apply for the program, the applicant must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- The applicant is working as an AHA or following training would work, under the supervision of an allied health professional(s) in one or more of the following allied health areas:
- Occupational therapy
- Speech pathology
- Social Work
- Recreation Therapy
- Applicants are required to be permanently employed by NSW Health. However, applicants who are not permanent NSW Health staff and have worked as temporary or casual staff inside the LHD/SHN for more than 12 months, may apply if endorsed by their line manager.
- The applicant is seeking to enrol in a full or partial qualification from the Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance or the Certificate IV in Hospital/Health Services Pharmacy Support. This includes skill sets and individual units of competency from either of these qualifications.
- The applicant is supported by their line manager.
- The nomination is supported by the Allied Health Director or Director of Pharmacy of the LHD/SHN.
Completed applications MUST be submitted online by C.O.B Monday 24 September 2018, so Apply Now!
2018 Terms and Conditions
2018 Frequently Asked Questions
Line Manager Endorsement