Older People’s Mental Health Scholarships - OPEN NOW
Applications for Semester 1 2023: November 7, 2022 – December 16, 2022
Applications for Semester 2 2023: May 15, 2023 – June 23, 2023
Health Education and Training Institute (HETI) offers a number of courses within the Applied Mental Health Studies Framework. In addition to the formal postgraduate Award courses (Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma and Masters), HETI Higher Education provides the flexibility of studying units as Professional Development. Successful completion of any of the units as Professional Development can go towards a degree should students decide to continue with their studies.
All Applied Mental Health Studies units are underpinned by recovery principles with an emphasis on the application to clinical practice. From the outset, students select their preferred specialisation in mental health including working with infants, children and youth, adults or older people. More information about these specialisations can be found here https://heti.edu.au/our-courses/applied-mental-health-studies
WHAT DOES THE SCHOLARSHIP COVER?
These scholarships have been funded by Mental Health Branch (MHB), NSW Ministry of Health. The scholarship will be administered and delivered by HETI to NSW Health professionals providing mental health services to older people and their families/carers, aged care staff working within the mental health residential aged care (MH RAC) partnership services supported by NSW Health funding, and clinicians providing mental health care to older people through the Primary Health Networks. Applications will be prioritised as follows:
1. NSW Health staff providing mental health services to older people;
2. Aged care staff working in mental health residential aged care partnership services; or
3. Clinicians providing mental health care to older people through Primary Health Networks.
In the event there are significantly more applications than scholarship funding available, priority list will be developed for any future scholarship funding.
The OPMH scholarship covers 75% of the cost of study. Students can choose 50 hours to a maximum load of 300 hours of study. For example, the tuition fees for 50 hours units varies on the unit choices from $500 to $885. Students are required to pay the remaining 25% of the unit fee which is either $125 or $221.25 (known as the student contribution). If you choose to complete your units as part of our Award program, your student contribution can be paid through FEE-HELP or your own funds. If choosing to complete your units as professional development, FEE-HELP is not available.
HETI Higher Education will determine the hours of funded study to be allocated per applicant, in consultation with MHB. This decision will be final and will be decided based on the review of all applications.
Please Note: To receive this scholarship, you cannot currently be a recipient of any other scholarship for the Applied Mental Health Professional Development or Award courses (i.e. recipients are ineligible to also receive a Nursing and Midwifery Office (NaMO) Postgraduate scholarship for the Applied Mental Health Studies course. Successful recipients of the NaMO scholarship must advise HETI Higher Education within two (2) weeks of accepting their offer.
Consider this exciting new opportunity to grow your capabilities in Older Person’s Mental Health.
How to apply
For more information, eligibility view the Scholarship Application Guidelines
Download the Personal Statement Template