What do Students need to do before they undertake a placement?
Before a student can commence a clinical placement in a NSW Health facility, students must complete the following mandatory requirements. Download the Clinical Placement Checklist here.
- Must be obtained from an Australian State or Territory Police Force, the Australian Federal Police, or an ACIC Accredited Broker Agency only.
- The original national criminal record check and student ID card must be sighted by NSW Health with the student in person.
- National criminal record checks are valid for three years since the date of issue
- Overseas students are required to provide a Criminal Record Check from their home country or any country they have resided in since turning 16 years of age.
- If a charge or conviction is listed on the National Police Check, then students must apply for an assessment through the HealthShare Employee Screening and Review Unit.
- Students need to read and agree to abide by the NSW Health Code of Conduct.
- Download the form to sign here.
- Undertake immunisations as per immunisation policy
- Complete attachment 6 and 7 (available at the back of the Policy Directive).
When do Students need to get their compliance documentation verified?
How do Students get their compliance documents verified?
Mandatory Compliance and Verification - Videos