What do Students need to do before they start a placement?
Before a student can commence a clinical placement in a NSW Health facility, students must complete the following mandatory requirements.
Download the Clinical Placement Checklist.
- Must be obtained from an Australian State or Territory Police Force, the Australian Federal Police, or an Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) accredited body only.
- National criminal record checks are valid for five years since the date of issue.
- Overseas students are required to provide a National Police Check from their home country or any country they have resided in since turning 18 years of age. If they cannot provide this police check, they can sign the Overseas Student Statutory Declaration.
- If a charge or conviction is listed on the National Police Check, then students must apply for a risk assessment through the HealthShare Employee Screening and Review Unit.
- Students attending placements in Commonwealth subsidised aged care facilities and organisations registered as National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) service providers or organisations that have workers delivering NDIS funded services, may be subject to further requirements including having to sign the Aged Care Statutory Declaration.
- Students need to read and agree to abide by the NSW Health Code of Conduct.
- Download the Code of Conduct Declaration form.
- Undertake immunisations as per immunisation policy.
- Complete attachment 6 and 7 (available at the back of the Policy Directive).
When do Students need to get their compliance documentation verified?
How do Students get their compliance documents verified?
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandatory Compliance and Verification - Videos