What do Students need to do before they start a placement?
Before a student can commence a clinical placement in a NSW Health facility, students must complete the following mandatory requirements.
Download the Clinical Placement Checklist.
- Must be obtained from an Australian State or Territory Police Force, the Australian Federal Police, or an Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) accredited body only.
- National criminal record checks are valid for three years .
- Overseas students are required to provide a Police Check from their home country or any country they have resided in since turning 16 years of age.
- If a charge or conviction is listed on the National Police Check, then students must apply for a risk assessment through the HealthShare Employee Screening and Review Unit.
- Students need to read and agree to abide by the NSW Health Code of Conduct.
- Download the Code of Conduct declaration form.
- Undertake immunisations as per immunisation policy.
- Complete attachment 6 and 7 (available at the back of the Policy Directive).
When do Students need to get their compliance documentation verified?
How do Students get their compliance documents verified?
For more information: email@example.com
Mandatory Compliance and Verification - Videos