The Nursing and Midwifery Superguide is a practical, user friendly and concise resource that includes core elements of evidence-based clinical supervision of nursing and midwifery professionals.
The guide includes the following topics:
- Point of Care Supervision: clinical teaching; clinical facilitation; preceptorship, buddying
- Facilitated Professional Development: peer review; coaching; mentoring
- Clinical Supervision (Reflective): clinical supervision.
The Superguide: a Supervision Continuum for Nurses and Midwives is available via email to all NSW Health employees. Use your NSW Health email and access the link below.
Please email my Superguide
Non NSW Health employees are able to purchase the Superguide. Please access the order form from the link below and a hardcopy of the Superguide will be sent to you upon payment.
The guide also has an accompanying toolkit, which includes:
- Clinical Supervision Training Course Directory
- four clinical based videos (Coaching, Point of Care, Reflective Practice and Mentoring)
- four additional written scenarios.
The guide and toolkit will also be available on the NSW Health Online Learning Management System and therefore available to all NSW Health employees.
HETI acknowledges Health Workforce Australia in the production of the toolkit.