CORE Chat Our Values In Action
A positive and collaborative culture is essential in the health system. A workplace where it is safe to provide feedback will lead to greater communication and better patient care.
Participants explore the NSW Health CORE values, reflecting on their alignment with personal values.
Using the CORE Chat tool, the course empowers staff to take responsibility to initiate important proactive workplace conversations, identify mutually acceptable solutions and bring about positive change to improve workplace culture. They learn about effective high-performing teams and how these traits can be implemented in their own teams.
Role plays and scenarios are used to develop participants’ confidence to implement this tool.
| Learning outcomes|
- Demonstrate an understanding of the four CORE values in the context of working within the NSW Health system
- Appreciate the importance of a set of values to the functioning of a high-performance team and positive workplace culture
- Identify and model behaviours in the workplace that support the NSW Health CORE values
- Demonstrate communication skills that enable solution-based conversations and positive interactions when giving and receiving feedback
- NSW Health staff and managers
- The workshops are delivered online using Zoom to connect participants across locations state-wide
| Duration and elements|
- 4 hour workshop
- These workshops are designed for staff to participate in online group discussions via an individual computer, not in a shared physical setting with other participants.
- Computer/ laptop
- Audio (computer speakers or headphones) and Microphone or call in via phone
- Fast and reliable internet connection
- A quiet space to work individually without disruptions