7th Rural Health and Research Congress
- Event start date:
- Event start time:
- Event end time:
- Event end date:
- Event Categories: Research; Rural & Remote
Registrations are now open for the 7th Rural Health and Research Congress in the vibrant rural hub of Tamworth, NSW in September.
Be inspired by presentations and workshops delivered by experts exploring this year’s theme, Beyond Distance and Diagnosis.
Keynote speakers and respected dignitaries with inspiring stories will headline the event, including:
- Deng Thaik Adut, Child soldier turned Lawyer and Human Rights Advocate
- Dr Jordan Nguyen, TED-talker, Biomedical Engineer and Futurist
- Jack Nagle, former basketballer turned drug recovery advocate
- Fiona Coote, Australia’s first heart transplant recipient and Director at beyondblue
- National Rural Health Commissioner, Emeritus Professor Paul Worley.
The Program features diverse topics and workshops which speak directly to rural health issues, including Mental Health in the Bush; Empowering Local Aboriginal Communities; Methamphetamine in Rural Communities; and Grow your Own – Sustainable Midwifery Workforce in Rural and Remote areas.
Last year’s Congress attracted more than 300 delegates including clinicians, researchers, senior health leaders and staff across various health disciplines wanting to explore excellence and innovation in rural health service provision and the research informing best practice.
Health professionals including doctors, nurses, allied health professionals, researchers, academics, administrators and others who are interested in rural health are encouraged to register now.
Venue: Tamworth Town Hall, NSW