Innovative new navigator module to support allied health career growth
HETI launches 'My Professional Development – A Compass for Allied Health' with six streams of learning aligned to career and/or workforce needs.
The Health Education and Training Institute (HETI) is pleased to announce the launch of My Professional Development – A Compass for Allied Health, a new navigator module within My Health Learning (MHL) to support professional development for NSW Health allied health workforce.
My Professional Development – A Compass for Allied Health has been developed by a collaborative team of allied health education experts and technical experts to assist allied health professionals to link professional development options to their current and future career and/or workforce needs. It provides easy navigation and access to clusters of learning that are aligned with six career streams.
SIX STREAMS OF LEARNING
Allied health staff can select from the following streams to access clusters of learning comprised of MHL modules:
- Leadership and Management - Includes leading and managing service delivery, human resources, business units or departments. Funding and/or projects within or external to a direct allied health context, including advocacy.
- Clinical Practice - Includes clinicians, practitioners, assistants and technicians delivering various types of direct and indirect care to consumers, including advanced or specialised areas.
- Strategy - Includes driving reforms, leading and developing policy, leading change and implementing disruptive innovations. Establishing principles or courses of action and/or transforming processes for an industry, sector or organisation are also components.
- Research - Includes undertaking systematic investigation to increase knowledge and establish an evidence base. This may involve translating research findings into practice, policy or further research and/or evaluation.
- Education - Includes providing training and education to build understanding and capability of health practitioners, patients, communities, and/or students in clinical and/or academic environments.
- Safety and Quality - Includes improvement science, quality improvement, data analytics, informatics, risk management, and system thinking.
BUILDING CAPACITY IN ALLIED HEALTH
The Compass facilitates a coordinated approach to professional development that will grow capability and inform career development.
To explore, log in to My Health Learning and search for My Professional Development – A Compass for Allied Health (Course code 392571085).
For further information, please contact Sue Steele-Smith, Senior Project Officer, on 0437 899 409 or at email@example.com.
Explore more resources for Allied Health.