For LHDs and SHNs
All applicants for the NSW Nursing & Midwifery Education Scholarship Program (Graduate Certificate courses) are required to go through the nomination process at the Local Health Districts (LHDs) / Special Health Networks (SHNs) level.
The nomination process and identification of a priority list of students wishing to undertake a NSW MoH funded Nursing & Midwifery Education Scholarship Program Graduate Certificate courses will be undertaken by the LHDs/SHNs. As such, LHDs/SHNs will be required to establish their own internal process to support the nomination and application process.
HETI will establish a selection panel to approve the final LHD/SHN nominations and confer with LHD/SHN Executive Directors of Nursing and Midwifery for the final number of applications approved for entry to the nominated courses.
List of forms and information sheets for your use:
- Scholarship Nomination and Enrollment Application Process Map
- Instructions for LHD/SHN Executive Directors of Nursing and Midwifery
- Applicant Information sheet
Note - all applicants must meet the following criteria:
- must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- must be currently registered with AHPRA as a registered nurse
- must be currently employed and working permanently full-time or part-time as a registered nurse within NSW Health.
List of the ten Graduate Certificate courses offered by UTAS and ACN:
|UTAS Courses||ACN Courses|
|Acute Care Nursing||Critical Care Nursing|
|Child & Family Health||Orthopaedic Nursing|
|Drug & Alcohol Nursing||Cancer Nursing|
|Aged Care Nursing (Gerontolgy)||Perioperative Nursing|
Neonatal Nursing (2 streams)