Workplace Learning Professional Development Grant Stream
The 2022 Allied Health Workplace Professional Development Grant stream will open from 15 July 2022 to 4 August 2022.
The applications for this Program will be coordinated by the Allied Health Director (AHD) for each LHD or SHN. Each AHD will be provided with an estimated budget amount based on the FTE of allied health staff in the LHD or SHN, rurality and funding available from HETI.
To be eligible to apply for the Program, the proposed activity will:
- Seek to develop an/or support Workplace Learning (WPL) opportunities which will occur onsite in the workplace (i.e. in LHD/SHN facilities) unless there is a specific justification to be off site
- Focus on improvement or a change to workplace or clinical practice
- Link to current local unmet training needs of teams and workplaces
- Support a group of three or more people, predominately (at least 75%) AHPs and/or AHAs
- Demonstrate value for money (e.g. benefitting as many AHPs as possible)
- Be completed by 30 June 2023
- Include a current up to date quote for the training activity or event in the submission, if WPLPD activity involves an external presenter/facilitator
- Include a description of how the training could occur in a virtual and/or COVID safe way if required
Workplace Learning Professional Development Grant Stream Evaluations for 2021
After the completion of a Workplace Learning Professional Development activity, the key contact person from the team is required to complete an evaluation of the learning undertaken. The evaluation survey link and templates are provided below.
Evaluation reports for the 2021 WPLPD stream are due by 29 July 2022 - online only via survey monkey. The 2021 evaluation guide includes a copy of the evaluation questions which may assist with completing the online evaluation report.
Successful Workplace Learning Grants
Successful recipients of the Allied Health Workplace Learning Grants program are published below:
Also an eBooklet is available showcasing innovative workplace learning activities funded by the 2014 and 2015 Workplace Learning Grants programs.
Resources for "Applying for a Workplace Learning Grant"
HETI has prepared a short presentation to provide guidance in creating a high-quality application for this program:
Presentation - Applying for a Workplace Learning Grant
A copy of the presentation from the webcast is available for download here.
A recording of the April 2018 webcast "Applying for a Workplace Learning Grant" is available for viewing below.