Workshop 4 - Introduction to Sheilding
2 SEPTEMBER 2019
GOSFORD HOSPITAL, GOSFORD NSW
Medical physicists provide radiation protection services that include the procurement and installation of new imaging equipment. An important consideration for new equipment installations is the calculation of the required shielding to keep staff and members of the public safe from sources of radiation.
This 1 day workshop is the first in a series of 4 shielding workshops that will allow medical physicists to gain the knowledge to calculate shielding plans for diagnostic imaging and therapy.
- Why do we Need to Shield?
- Back to Basics (Time, Distance, Shielding)
- Radiation - What’s the Source Planning Today’s and Tomorrow’s use Limits Constraints & Occupancy
- Shielding, Transmission and Assessment
- Practical: Calculating Shielding for a DR room
Organisers: Will Ryder and Andy Young
NSW Health DIMP Registrar: $0
NSW Health Employee: $300
External to NSW Health: $350
Holden St, Gosford NSW 2111
Building H, Level 2 Conference Centre