Violence Prevention and Management – Promoting Acceptable Behaviour in the Workplace
Welcome to the eLearning module Violence Prevention and Management - Promoting Acceptable Behaviour in the Workplace.
The module is for all NSW Health staff and facilities (Category 1 staff outlined by PD2012_008). It provides information on staff obligations and practical strategies in promoting a safe workplace environment. It covers acceptable and unacceptable behaviour, such as bullying, harassment and discrimination, in the workplace and the supports and structures available to deal with unacceptable behaviour.
A certificate is issued on completion.
By completing this module you will be able to:
- Differentiate between acceptable and unacceptable behaviour in the workplace
- Explain the effects of unacceptable behaviour on the individual and on the workplace
- Identify the policy and legislative frameworks for dealing with unacceptable behaviour in the workplace
- Describe the supports available in the workplace to help you deal with unacceptable behaviour
- Reflect on your own workplace behaviour.
This course is applicable for all NSW Health Staff and may qualify for up to 0.5 hrs of Continuous Professional Development.