Use of the NSW Prevocational Assessment Form
The AMC requires that “health services ensure that intern assessment is consistent with the guidelines in Intern training – Assessing and certifying completion, and that interns must be assessed against the Intern training – Intern outcome statements.”
For Prevocational Training Providers means that all assessments for prevocational trainees will need to be completed using the new National Assessment Forms adapted for NSW, from the beginning of the 2015 clinical year.
The AMC requires that Prevocational Training Providers provide specific training in using the assessments forms to all term supervisors. HETI has provided the resources below to facilitate this process. By ensuring that term supervisors have either read the communications, or viewed the PowerPoint presentations, Prevocational Training Providers can be assured that this requirement has been met.
- A Guide to Using the NSW Prevocational Assessment Forms
- Some tips to assist with the implementation
- A copy of the NSW Prevocational Assessment Forms
- The AMC’s Intern training – Assessing and certifying completion
- HETI Online E-learning module “Introduction to Medical Supervision” (in development)
Further information on this change can be found on the AMC’s website
For assistance please contact the HETI Program Coordinator, Dawn Webb on 9844 6554 or firstname.lastname@example.org.