NSW Health Leadership Program
The NSW Health Leadership Program (HLP) is an organisational development intervention supporting an organisation’s strategic transformation initiative.
Participants work on strategic challenges while they develop their capacity to collaborate, consider multiple perspectives and adaptively lead, regardless of their positional level or authority.
The Program is underpinned by the five Leadership Domains in the NSW Health Leadership and Management Framework, designed as a catalyst for developmental change in individuals and as a scaffold for the construction of new forms of leadership in health care organisations. Accompanying these domains are the core concepts of adaptive, collective, and relational leadership.
An important aim of the program is to develop local capability to lead, embed and sustain the cultural change work after program implementation.
| Learning outcomes|
- Engage in leadership action to assist in the achievement of outcomes for excellence in patient care and service delivery
- Practice self-development activities to grow personal leadership capability
- Collaborate with people from the work environment and build relationships to progress complex strategic challenges
- Partner and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders across professional boundaries to enhance inter-professional problem solving and generate innovative solutions
- Participate in adaptive, relational and collective leadership action to anticipate and effectively address complex challenges to positively transform the system
- Cross section of NSW Health staff within an organisation
- The NSW HLP is designed to be offered across a two-year program, providing an opportunity for the program to be delivered twice. In the first year, HETI delivers the program alongside the local organisation, whilst in the second year, HETI supports and partners with the organisation to lead the implementation of the program more independently through the ‘Train the Trainer’ model
| Duration and elements|
- 12-24 months implementation
- Ongoing sustainability
- 7 face-to-face workshops delivered either virtually or face-to-face
- Online leadership instruments
- Strategic Challenge Teams
- Leadership Development Triangles
| Course requirements|