It is your responsibility to be work ready by 21 January 2019. The following is not required for your application to HETI however, should you receive and accept a position offer you will not be able to commence work until you have completed the following:
- A Working with Children Check clearance number, obtained from the NSW Commission for Children and Young People (see http://www.kids.nsw.gov.au/). This process will take 4 weeks, we recommend this is completed by September.
- You must have an appropriate Vaccination status in accordance with current NSW Health policy. (See http://www1.health.nsw.gov.au/pds/ArchivePDSDocuments/PD2011_005.pdf)
- You must obtain registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (See https://www.ahpra.gov.au/). This is likely to take 6 weeks. Applications for registration open in October.
- You must satisfactorily clear the following checks. The associated documentation for these checks will be provided to you by the hospital once your offer has been finalised and your information has been distributed to the hospital (which will commence in October).
- National Criminal Record Check
- NSW Health Service Check Register
These checks take time so it is important that you return your completed documentation and contracts to the hospital as soon as possible.
You must attend the compulsory orientation (including e-orientation) and complete all mandatory training in January.
You will be recruited under the NSW Public Hospital Medical Officers Award as an intern. The base salary currently payable for the position of intern is $63,099 per annum.