Northern Beaches Hospital
Situated in a magnificent and brand new hospital on Sydney’s northern beaches, the Northern Beaches ED sees 70,000 presentations per annum, with 25% paediatrics.
The Emergency Department has 50 beds and treatment spaces, including an 11 bed Short Stay Unit.
- Up to 22 ACEM-registered trainees enjoy 12 months of ACEM accreditation, with accredited rotations available in anaesthetics and general medicine.
- Trainees have access to 4 hours per week of paid, protected teaching time.
- 14 FACEM FTE’s cover 0800-midnight 7 days/week on-site.
- Our friendly and talented collection of FACEMs ensure a varied and cutting edge teaching experience. This includes Sim in our dedicated hospital simulation facility, journal club, hands on U/S tutorials with FACEMs dedicated to helping you achieve your CCPU, and a robust primary exam preparation course. Several of our FACEMs are currently active in research, and yet more are active in the international FOAM space.
The hospital itself boasts:
- 14 operating theatres, two cardiac catheter labs.
- A medical centre (GPs) on site next to the ED.
- 488 beds with room to expand in the future.
- Plenty of staff parking and easy access to public transport.
- Convenient café, retail and customer services on site.
A satellite X-ray and CT facility is available within the Emergency Department, in addition to the larger hospital radiology department which includes extended hours ultrasound and an onsite MRI.
For an ED Registrar, this is a happening place: a brand new busy ED with paediatrics in a friendly atmosphere with a very talented array of FACEMs and nursing staff.
Frenchs Forest is 15 minutes drive from several world class beaches, and the entire area provides a host of beautiful venues in which to pass the time, servicing outdoor adventure types in our many well maintained national parks and beaches, as well as culture enthusiasts via the Sydney Opera house and many more besides.
Dr Jeremy Pallot (Co-DEMT) Jeremy.email@example.com
Dr Tatiana Lowe (Co-DEMT) Tatiana.firstname.lastname@example.org