Medical Leadership Grant
About the Grant
Support of up to $5,000 (ex GST) is available for NSW Health doctors to attend medical leadership courses in the 2018/19 financial year. Additional support up to $2,000 is also available for travel and accommodation expenses directly incurred by course attendance (refer to Medical Leadership Grant Guidelines for travel and accommodation reimbursement eligibility).
Examples of leadership courses include but are not limited to:
- Master of Clinical Medicine (Leadership and Management), University of Newcastle
- Leadership for Clinicians, The Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators
- Surgeons as Leaders in Everyday Practice, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Foundations in Policy and Leadership in Mental Health, Brain and Mind Centre
- Clinical Leadership Series, Cognitive Institute
In order to qualify, applicants must be:
- An Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
- Currently employed by NSW Health as a Medical Doctor, who is in their Post Graduate Year 3 (PGY3) or above.
- Able to provide evidence of a valid medical registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Supported by their relevant delegated health services manager/executive in the Local Health District or Specialty Network.
- Not receiving a TESL allowance.