2017 Allied Health Assistant Scholarship Program
Application status: Closed
Open from: 14 August 2017 to 25 September 2017
The HETI Professional Practice & Interprofessional Collaboration Portfolio is pleased to announce that an Allied Health Assistant Scholarship program will run in 2017. The Allied Health Assistant Scholarship Program provides funding to the LHDs and SHNs to support the training of allied health assistants seeking to further develop their knowledge and skills through completion of either the Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance or the Certificate IV in Hospital/Health Services Pharmacy Support. Eligible AHAs are able to apply for one-off funding of up to $3000 for payments for enrolment in Certificate IV AHA and Pharmacy assistant courses, skill sets or units of competency, which will enhance their ability to perform their current role. It is expected that these payments will be provided to support the balance of enrolment fees payable, once any other training funding has been explored.
To be eligible to apply for the program, the applicant must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- The applicant is working as an AHA or following training would work, under the supervision of an allied health professional(s) in one or more of the following allied health areas:
- Occupational therapy
- Speech pathology
- Social Work
- Recreation Therapy
- The applicant is permanently employed by NSW Health.
- The applicant is seeking to enrol in a full or partial qualification from the Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance or the Certificate IV in Hospital/Health Services Pharmacy Support. This includes skill sets and individual units of competency from either of these qualifications.
- The applicant is supported by their line manager.
- The nomination is supported by the Allied Health Director or Director of Pharmacy of the LHD/SN.
Completed applications MUST be submitted by email to: HETI-Scholarships@health.nsw.gov.au by C.O.B Monday 25 September 2017, so Apply Now!