Lead and Leap aims to deliver a high quality, innovative, interactive and inspirational leadership program to build and develop skills for clinical leaders in medical education and training.
Led by Dr Rebecca Nogajski, the program includes an experienced faculty of medical specialists and an executive coach. Guest speakers from diverse professional backgrounds are also invited to present throughout the year.
The 5 face to face workshops are structured around the following learning modules:
- Looking Inwards: Understanding your own personality and leadership style and that of others.
- Looking Outwards: Develop the skills needed to work effectively with others.
- Looking from Above: Develop an understanding of the NSW Health system and learn how to get things done.
- Looking Forward: Develop and implement strategies to meet future needs in medical educationfor both the individual and across the system.
- Looking Overall: Focus on drawing together the learning of the program and what itmeans to be a leader in medical education and training.
WHO IS THE PROGRAM FOR?
Lead and Leap is open to motivated doctors at all stages of their career. The program varies according to which category a participants falls into:
LEAD - Consultants who teach, supervise or mentor doctors in training or who are interested in being involved in medical education and training and want to develop and build their leadership skills.
Lead allows senior doctors to both participate in the program and to join the faculty team for a unique opportunity to both learn and lead. Group coaching with the program’s executive coach is also available throughout the workshops.
LEAP - Doctors in training in NSW (PGY1 to Fellow, Prevocational and Vocational trainees) with an interest in medical education and training.
- Demonstrated interest in leadership and engagement in medical education and training.
- Current or planned leadership role in medical education and training, such as involvement in a HETI committee or State Training Council, or as a Supervisor, Mentor or Clinical Teacher.
- Demonstration of potential benefits for the applicant.
- Opportunity to apply skills and knowledge following the program.
- Commitment to attend full program (10 workshop days).