The sponsorship is awarded competitively and is open to non-specialist doctors employed by NSW Health who are pursuing, or are interested in pursuing, a hospitalist career.
Sponsored candidates accepted into the Master’s program will:
- Be awarded a scholarship that reduces the total course fee payable over the duration of the program.
- Receive financial support for travel and accommodation costs incurred in attending residential workshops.
- Be supported to study by an education grant that will be made to the sponsored candidate's facility or department to recognise the educational support that will be required from the workplace.
To be eligible for sponsorship, NSW Health candidates must fulfil the following requirements:
- Meet the eligibility criteria of the University of Newcastle for the Masters of Clinical Medicine (Leadership and Management).
- Hold Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
- Show evidence of six months continuous employment as a medical practitioner (with satisfactory work performance) within NSW Health.
- Show evidence of current medical registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Not currently enrolled in a specialist training program.
- Have current employment as a hospitalist or other non-specialist doctor.
Please note an application for sponsorship is not an application to enter the Master of Clinical Medicine (Leadership and Management), and is is subject to confirmation of enrolment.
Please refer to the University of Newcastle Master of Clinical Medicine (Leadership and Management) webpage for details of the application process.