HETI Online Course Code: 39829894 : Online Survey ID: 40002793
Duration: one day : Published: Oct 2014
Owner: HETI : Team: District HETI
This course consists of one workshop and also forms part of the Coaching for Performance Learning Path
Welcome to the Coaching for Performance (Workshop).
This workshop builds on the learning participants have undertaken in completing the online module Coaching for Performance.
The highly interactive nature of this workshop will provide you with the opportunity to practise your coaching skills, reflect on your achievements and develop strategies to overcome workplace barriers to the implementation of coaching.
A certificate is issued on completion of both modules.
At the completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Assess the suitability of using a coaching approach within a workplace context
- Demonstrate questioning techniques that elicit information from the coachee and guides the coachee to develop their own appropriate solutions
- Demonstrate the ability to actively listen to what is being said as well as the underlying unspoken messages
- Demonstrate an ability to provide open and honest feedback in a way that maintains the self-esteem of the coachee and enables action
- Apply the GROW model to a workplace coaching conversation
- Reflect on and draw learning from coaching conversations
- Demonstrate the mindset needed by managers to use coaching techniques effectively
- Identify actions needed for the incorporation of coaching as part of their management practice.
This workshop is applicable for all managerial staff and may qualify for up to one day of Continuous Professional Development
Communication, Leadership, Communicating, Staff, Coachi, Workshop, Skills, Performance, Development, Managing change, managing, developing, GROW, coaching, 2014, 48043979