HETI Online Course Code: 45793475 : Online Survey ID: 40002793
Duration: 20 Minutes : Published: March 2015
Owner: HETI : Team: District HETI
This consists of only one course
Welcome to the eLearning module Advanced Life Support Theory Module 2 (Adult).
This module aims to develop and / or enhance knowledge, in the application of the Advanced Life Support (ALS) algorithm, to prepare participants for the practical component of the Advanced Life Support assessment, or to be utilised as a tool for revision.
A certificate is issued on completion.
At the completion of the module participants will be better prepared for the practical component of Advanced Life Support (ALS) training by being able to:
- Outline the steps in the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Adult Cardio-respiratory Arrest Flow Chart to provide ALS.
- Identify the rationale for working as a team with a designated team leader during a cardio-respiratory arrest.
- Apply the ARC Adult Cardio-respiratory Arrest flow chart knowledge to simulated scenarios.
This course is applicable for health professionals who are expected to apply the skills as part of their clinical duties, for example:
- Critical care staff - emergency, intensive care, coronary care,
- Clinical Emergency Response System (CERS) teams (Rapid Response, Retrieval teams and Clincal responders),
- First line Emergency Care staff,
- Rural and remote staff.
This may qualify for up to 0.5 hrs of Continuous Professional Development
als, arc, life support, advanced life support, advanced, life, support, bls, cpr, cardiopulmonary,cardio-pulmonary, resuscitation, adult, airway, head tilt, chin lift, breathing, breaths, rescuer, victim, air, assess, recovery, unresponsive, chest, compression, compressions, emergency, help, deterioration, mouth, pocket mask, mask, air viva, defibrillator, defibrillate, shock, survival, shockable, non-shockable, rhythms, pads, arc, safety, oxygen, cers, rapid response, retrieval, teams, critical, care, cardiorespiratory, arrest, flow chart, algorithm, leader, guidelines, ABCDEFG, coached, svt, vt, vf, asystole, pea, adrenaline, amiodarone, causes, 4h, 4t, districtheti, 2015, 66223876, NSQHS, National Safety and Quality Health Service, NSW Public Sector Capability Framework, Standard 9, Recognising and Responding to Clinical Deterioration in Acute Health Care, Occupation Specific, Occupation profession specific capability sets, relationships, Communicate Effectively