HETI Online Course Code: 39831743 : Online Survey ID: 40002793
Duration: 45 mins : Published: April 2013
Owner: HETI : Team: District HETI
This course consists of only one module, and also forms part of the National Standards and Quality Framework
Welcome to the eLearning module Clinical Handover (ISBAR tool)
This module is intended for all health care workers. The module will focus on:
- Inter-professional practice with the needs of patients and carers at the forefront of all decision-making
- Practical and relevant activities.
A certificate is issued on completion.
On successful completion of this module you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of effective collaborative clinical handover in ensuring patient safety
- Identify the key principles of clinical handover
- Demonstrate the skills required to document aspects of patient care utilising the ISBAR tool
- Apply skills required to use the ISBAR tool when communicating within a clinical context.
This course is applicable for all health care workers and may qualify for up to 0.75 hrs of Continuous Professional Development
clinical, handover, clinician, identify, situation, background, assessment, recommendation, ISBAR, best-practice, detailed, information, risk, technique, multi-disciplinary, patient, safety, districtheti, 2013, nsq6, nsq, 39831743, NSQHS, National Safety and Quality Health Service, Standard 6, NSW Public Sector Capability Framework, Display resilience and courage